Thursday, June 2, 2011

Taking Time To Enjoy ---



I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"


A Tour Of Garden Club Members Gardens - A Special Day!

The weather continued to be foggy - drippy - rainy - but as one commented - the flowers look their best in this type of weather. And they did!

Four beautiful gardens hidden away down a lane way - behind a stone wall - on the edge of a meadow - behind a cottage. So much inspiration - so much joy!










If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets
























Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity. ~John Ruskin










Summer set lip to earth's bosom bare,
And left the flushed print in a poppy there.
~Francis Thompson, "The Poppy," 1891














Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"

This was indeed a special day spent with good friends in beautiful gardens!

Now it is time to return to working in my gardens of both flowers and antiques.

Searching for new antique treasures and participating in a full schedule of summer Antiques Shows take me away but it is always comforting to return to my special place in my gardens with my flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment