Sunday, February 8, 2009

And Continuing - A New Passion


At one of our Antique Shows a lady stopped by our booth and invited us to her house to see a set of Haviland china she had for sale. We went and found that she and her husband had been antique collectors for many years and were now liquidating their collections. She had a wonderful collection of early white ironstone that she was parting with. All the while I was looking at the Haviland I couldn't help but have my eyes wander over to the white ironstone. We left with the Haviland china but more importantly with several pieces of the white ironstone. I had found a new passion! We returned a couple more times to add to my beginning collection of white ironstone. I have found that I favor the early English white ironstone especially those pieces with embossed floral designs and especially the large ewers / pitchers. Each of the white ironstone pitchers in my collection seems to have its own personality. Buyers come to our booth at the Antique Shows and just stand and look for awhile - sometimes a long while - before choosing the one that suits their personality - as varied as the pitchers.

Pictured items are available for purchase at Holly Lane Antiques -
(Click on the banner to visit Holly Lane Antiques Internet Store)

No comments:

Post a Comment