Monday, February 9, 2009

Something Special -





Recently at an estate auction I was quite taken with these Antique French Plates though I knew nothing about them other than that the auctioneer said they were old and French. I did know they were charming! So I bid on them. My research of the back mark tells me that they date to the 19th century and were made by Utzchneider & Co from the Sarreguemines area of France. At a recent Antiques Show we participated in, a visitor to our booth told me they represent French Nursery Rhymes. That information makes them all the more special and charming to me. There are many items in our inventory I become attached to and these plates fall into that category. So I enjoy them while they are with me and pass them on when they touch another's heart as they did mine.

Pictured items are available for purchase at our internet store -
(Click on the banner to visit Holly Lane Antiques Internet Store)

No comments:

Post a Comment