Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Fork For -






In the Victorian era it seems there was a piece of silverware for every use imaginable.

Recently we acquired a set of small forks and have been told they are Eclair Forks. How specific is that? These little forks are shaped like Pastry Forks but are only 5 inches long.

Thinking of some of the other forks in our inventory I cannot help but be amazed at their unique purposes.

Strawberry Forks have extremely long tines to easily pierce the berries.

Ice Cream Forks appear more like a combination of a spoon and a fork.

Oyster or Seafood Forks have a longer handle and short tines.

Take a moment and imagine dining long ago.

How Special!


Pictured items are available for purchase at Holly Lane Antiques -
(Click on the banner to visit Holly Lane Antiques Internet Store)

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post on "I Antique Online" and came to stop by and say "hi" and see your blog!!! I love it!! I will be adding it to my Informative Blog List. Stop by soon and browse around; I'm certain you'll enjoy yourself. Looking forward to getting to know you more! Rita @ TesoroFino.com and TesoroFino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete